Chocolate Lip Scrub
Mar 11, 2020 - Nida -
Lip scrubs are very important if you want them look plump and pouty under your lipsticks. If they have dead skin on them, they will dry out easily under any lip product and will tire your makeup look. However you don't have to buy those expensive scrubs when you make them easily it home which are also edible.
Use this sensual lip smoother a couple times a week to help smooth out chapped lips. This intoxicatingly decadent lip scrub is completely edible as long as you use only food-grade ingredients, so use your favorite chocolate bar to make this recipe extra delectable. Needless to say, this one is great for Valentine’s Day and makes a great gift too!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon raw cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fine granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated chocolate
1. To Make: Create a mini double boiler by pouring boiling water in the bottom of a shallow bowl. Put the coconut oil into a glass measuring cup. Place the measuring cup into the bowl of hot water to melt and stir it a little to help it along. Once the oil is melted, remove the measuring cup from the hot water and wipe dry. Add the honey, cocoa powder, and vanilla and stir the ingredients together with a fork. Add the sugar and mix well. Grate the chocolate and stir it in.
2. To Store: To preserve the freshness of this natural scrub, do not get water into the jar. Label and store this scrub in a sealed jar in a cool dark place, out of direct sunlight, for up to a year.
3. To Use: Apply to your lips in small, circular motions. Massage with a light touch and rinse well. Use 1–2 times per week. Note: Do not use on severely chapped lips, split lips, or open wounds.