Baked Pasta Pinweels with Spinach Filling
Mar 21, 2020 - Nida -
There are so many ways you can make your past, in fact there are many ways to just bake one. Today we are sharing the easiest recipe of baked pasta with health cheesy spinach filling which is perfect and delicious way to eat this powerful food. Though the lasagna sheets are used but you don't need them to layer with heavy fillings instead roll them with filling, bake and you have one perfect meal. So lets get into the details.
- 1 packet of lasagna noodles
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese squares
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- 1 egg
- Black pepper
- 2 cup marinara sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree. Boil large pot of salted water to a boil. Add a little olive oil and the lasagna noodles. Cook according to instructions. Drain and then rinse with cold water, being careful not to tear the noodles. Transfer the noodles to a large
bowl of cold water until ready to use.
2. Now boil more water in pot and add the spinach. Keep stirring and cook until wilted about 2 minutes. Now drain and rinse with cold water. Using your hands, squeeze all the liquid from the spinach.
3. Now blend the spinach, ricotta, egg, Parmesan and pepper in a food processor. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
4. Grease a square baking dish. Spread 1 and half cups of the marinara sauce in the dish.
5. Place noodles on a flat surface and spread each with 1/4 cup of the spinach-ricotta mixture. Place few pieces of mozzarella cheese across one end of each noodle. Roll up the noodle around the cheese.
6. Cut each pinwheel in half crosswise with a serrated knife. Arrange pinwheels, cut side down, in the baking dish. Repeat with the
remaining lasagna noodles.
7. Cover the dish tightly with foil paper and bake until the sauce is bubbling and the spinach-ricotta mixture is firm, about 45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Warm the remaining marinara sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat. Spoon some sauce
on top of each pinwheels and serve.