Quick Popcorn Chicken Recipe
Apr 26, 2020 - Nisha -
Looking for a healthy snack which can be cooked quickly and is filling as well. Try this popcorn chicken recipe by yourself while staying at home and enjoy it with your family or by yourself while binge watching or working from home. You might have tried popcorn chicken from different restaurant and if you love them, then this is perfect time to experiment and have this quick recipe under your hand. All you need us chicken, seasoning and corn flour and you are good to go.
The seasoning, though i have mentioned here for that perfect taste, but you can be creative and add different herbs, peppers and or other spices to give it a new taste. However if you want to have that cafe taste, use all the ingredients and proportions i have mentioned.
- 2 cup boneless chicken breast pieces
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon mustard, ground
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons of cornflour (or arrowroot powder)
1. Make sure the chicken pieces are cut in cubes, the size of popcorn you like.
2. Now mix the paprika, garlic powder, mustard, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
3. Save a teaspoon of your seasoning mixture while sprinkle the other portion on the chicken. Coat evenly by tossing.
4. Combine the reserved seasoning and cornflour in a plastic bag and shake well to mix.
5. Add chicken pieces in the bag. Seal it and shake for coating evenly.
6. Now transfer the chicken to a mesh strainer. Shake the excess cornflour.
7. Keep aside for 5-10 minutes. The cornflour should start to get absorbed into your chicken.
8. Now you can either choose air fryer or if you do not have any deep fry the chicken. For air fryer, preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees F. Apply some oil on the air fryer basket.
9. Keep the chicken pieces inside. They should not overlap.
10. Apply cooking spray and cook until the chicken isn’t pink anymore.
11. To deep fry, add oil in deep pan and once the oil is hot, keep the flame to medium. Add chicken pieces one by one and fry untily golden and chicken is tender.
12. Serve with your favorite dip.
Let us know if you try this recipe.