Easy Vitamin C Body Scrub Recipe
Apr 01, 2020 - Nida -
You may very well be known to the amazing benefits of Vitamin C not only for your immune system but also for skin. Citrus fruits are one of the best way to get vitamin c for your skin or health as they are high in this vitamin. They contain naturally occurring alpha-hydroxy acids, which are known to have lightening and brightening effects on the skin. When topically applied, vitamin C enhances the production of collagen and boosts elasticity, helping your skin retain a firm and youthful appearance. Also this body scrub full of vitamin C will help reduce the appearance of cellulite when used regularly.
So lets get to the recipe.
- 1 tsp of lemon peel
- 1 tsp of lime peel
- 2 tsp of orange peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 cup sea salt
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil or olive oil
1. Wash all the fruits thoroughly and dry them completely. You need to peel the top layer of fruits so it is better to not cut them before getting your required zest. Once you remove the zest, now get the juice from all fruits.
2. Now combine salt, zest, juice and oil in bowl and mix them well with fork to make uniform texture.
3. Keep the container in fridge and use with in a week and make fresh batch again.
4. Use the scrub instead of soap or body wash during bath. Apply to your skin in small, upward, circular motions. Massage the
scrub in small circular motions, starting with the legs and arms, making your way up to the torso, ending at your heart. Rinse well.
Citrus is known to increase your sensitivity to the sun, so it is best not to use this directly before sunbathing. Wear a sunscreen such as the sun protection lotion and protective clothing if you go into the sun.