Banana Bread Waffles - Gluten Free - Dairy Free - Egg Free
Aug 08, 2023 - Nisha -
Today we are sharing recipe of allergy free waffles for breakfast. It is gluten, dairy and egg free option in case you are avoiding them for yourself or for your children. These waffles are perfect for weekends to make with your children and enjoy healthy breakfast together.
Crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside, and filled with banana goodness all throughout, these gluten-free waffles stand up to any
wheat variety with gusto. Make fresh to enjoy (with plenty of maple syrup!) on a lazy Saturday morning, or whip up a batch and freeze. Refrigerated in an airtight container, waffles will keep for one day. If you’d like to make more, just double the recipe.
Makes 6 Waffles
Per Waffle: calories 333, fat 15 g, protein 4 g, carbohydrates 48 g, dietary fiber 3 g
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ¾ cup tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons raw cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 very ripe medium bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup canola oil, plus more for brushing the waffle iron
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups unsweetened almond or rice milk
- ⅓ cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Maple syrup
- Extra sliced bananas (optional)
1. Preheat your waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s directions. Preheat your oven to 200°F, and set out a rimmed baking sheet.
2. In a large bowl, combine the brown rice flour, tapioca flour, sugar, baking powder, xanthan gum, powder cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the bananas, canola oil, vanilla, and milk. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the walnuts, if using.
4. Use a pastry brush or paper towel to thoroughly oil the top and bottom plates of your waffle iron. Ladle ½ cup of batter onto the iron, and cook according to the manufacturer’s directions. Place the waffle on the baking sheet and keep warm in the oven while you make the remaining waffles. Serve warm with maple syrup and extra sliced bananas, if desired.
5. Stack leftover cooled waffles with a sheet of parchment paper in between each one, then place in an airtight container and freeze for up to 1 month.