Almond And Pistachio Macaroons - Keto Friendly
Mar 08, 2020 - Nisha -
If you are on Keto diet or prefer gluten free food then these macaroons will be perfect for you. They are grain free and are packed with good source of protein like almonds and pistachios while together with cardamom, are beneficial for your respiratory system, circulation, and digestive health. They are also traditionally regarded as an aphrodisiac for both men and women. This recipe makes quite a number of macaroons approximately 45, so adjust the quantities as you like.
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1 tsp crushed cardamom seeds
- 4 cups ground almonds
- 2 tbsp rose water
- 3 tbsp shelled whole pistachios
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C). Put the egg whites in a mixing bowl and beat into soft or stiff peaks with an electric hand mixer, gradually adding the sugar as you beat. When all the sugar has been incorporated, add the cardamom, ground almonds, and rose water and combine all the ingredients together.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Wet your hands with water so the mixture won’t stick to your fingers. Divide the mixture into small walnut-sized balls and arrange on the parchment paper, allowing sufficient space around each ball. Place a pistachio in the center of each.
3. Bake for 10–12 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store the macaroons in an airtight container. They will keep for up to 2 weeks.